I love when I get blog awards…for about a day and then I feel ashamed and guilty for not accepting the award and doing whatever was asked of me. I’m a people-pleasing good girl at heart, with a side of procrastinator to keep things interesting.
Horrible as it is to admit, The Glass Bangle nominated me for the Liebster Award in September. The best thing I can say is that it was September of 2013, so I’m gettin’ it done in the same year as the award was given.
Here are the rules (which I’ll probably break):
- Each nominee must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are The Glass Bangle’s questions (and my answers):
Which is your favourite time of the day? I love the very early morning when the world is still and quiet, although I don’t see it as often as I’d like. ‘Cuz I’m also kinda lazy.
Given a chance to relive one day in your life which day would that be? I’d relive the day(s) any of my three children were born. I don’t think I fully appreciated the experience(s). It’s a bit murky now.
Which super power would you like to possess? The ability to know the future — I want to know how it all turns out.
Which is your favourite aroma, something which makes you take in huge breaths? The smell of the outdoors after it rains.
Write one word which symbolises the person you are. Strong.
Have you fallen in love with any object at first sight? An object? No.
If you are given a day free of all responsibilities, a day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do? If there were no constraints…I’d fly to Paris just to walk along the streets and take it all in.
What’s your favourite comfort food? It depends. If I can only have one…bread. Really good, crusty, fresh from the oven bread. Also ice cream. And cookies.
Which movie character has taken residence in your heart? George Clooney’s character in “The Descendants.”
Which is the weirdest combination of food that you’ve had? Jeez, this one’s hard — I eat weird combos of food every week. In my house we call it “leftover potluck.” I’ve been known to characterize olives as vegetables and maraschino cherries as fruit. And if there’s homemade bread…I call that a meal!
My 10 nominees:
My 10 questions:
- Best book you read in 2013?
- Favorite new thing you’ve discovered in the past year?
- It really irritates me when…
- Silliest thing that makes you really happy
- I’m happiest when I…
- I cry when…
- When I was little, I wanted to be…
- What’s the first thing do you do when you wake up?
- What chore do you always put off doing around your house?
- Why did you start your blog?
A thank you and hug to bloggers everywhere and to the people who read blogs. It’s often an echo chamber experience and easy to forget that anyone is reading. I feel so fortunate to have met the people I have and to have made some friends on the great big internet. It’s kinda cool to realize that it’s a small world after all (which will now loop in your head all week long. You’re welcome.)